Myofascial Release is a very effective hands-on therapy that has been used successfully for over a hundred years to treat difficult and recurring injuries and pain.
When Myofascia is damaged or traumatized it can become too tight and cause a number of problems such as:
- Muscle pain and spasms
- Chronic back and neck pain
- Recurring injuries
- Breathing difficulties
- Sensations such as numbness and pins and needles
- Poor posture and reduced flexibility
Things that can cause this once flexible tissue (Myofascia) to become too tight are:
- Traumas, such as a fall or car accident
- Work injuries
- Poor posture
- Lack of stretching such as prolonged sitting or standing
- Emotional/psychological stress
- Repetitive motions, such as factory work or working on a computer
However, there is a treatment that can effectively treat this tough, tight fascial tissue making it more relaxed, pliable and soft. The purpose of Myofascial Release is to breakdown scar tissue, relax the muscle and myofascia and restore good posture.
Myofascial Release techniques focus on relaxing the deep tissue of the body providing lasting and effective relief to the client and patient.
As mentioned, Myofascial Release technique is applied directly on the body and uses slow and sometimes deep pressure to restore the proper health of the fascia and improve circulation.
The benefits of using Myofascial Release therapy includes:
- Reduction in muscle spasms
- Improved joint movement
- Decreased muscle and fascial tension
- Improved breathing
- Reduction in chronic recurring injuries